Not sure if questions have an in-built bias. For example would you do a survey on historical fiction if you were not interested in historical fiction?
However, the topic of reading is always on my mind and this time, with advice from historical fiction editor and blogger Jenny Quinlan and New York Time best-selling author Beatriz Williams, fellow panel members at the upcoming Historical Novel Society’s Denver conference, I’m releasing a 3rd reader survey.
- preferences regarding famous or fictional characters
- what makes characters come alive
- favourite historical novels (yes, this will be complicated)
- favourite historical fiction authors (let’s see how the rankings change this year)
- effects of social media on the reading experience
Please take the survey and share the link with friends, family, and on as many social media venues as you can – https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GXRD9B7. The survey will be open until May 14. Many thanks for your help.
A few highlights from prior surveys:
- HISTORICAL FICTION IS MAINSTREAM: Less than 2% of participants said they rarely or never…
View original post 309 more words